Fight News MMA 

Bisping says he hasn’t been offered Rockhold fight: He shouldn’t be so keen to get ‘knocked out again’

Spread the love

Last month, former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping entertained the possibility a trilogy bout with Luke Rockhold, stating that he would have no problem knocking out his rival in a retirement fight.

Rockhold, 33, is open to the idea, telling MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani that he is ‘in discussion’ with the UFC over booking a rematch, possibly at UFC 226 on July 7.

Earlier today, however, Helwani reached out to Bisping for a response and, according to ‘The Count’, he is not in any negotiations with Rockhold.

The UFC veteran said Rockhold shouldn’t be in such a hurry to get knocked out again.

“I can categorically on the record state that I have not been offered a fight with (Rockhold) on July 7,” Bisping said. “He shouldn’t be so keen to get knocked out again anyway. Stick to modeling. Judging by his last three fights, MMA certainly doesn’t appear his thing anymore.”

Rockhold originally beat Bisping at UFC Fight Night 55 in 2014, choking out the Brit in the second round but losing in their championship rematch at UFC 199, which saw Bisping KO Rockhold in one of the sport’s biggest upsets at The Forum in Inglewood, California.

Bisping, 39, is now on a two fight losing streak and has hinted that his next fight could be his last. Rockhold, the former UFC and Strikeforce middleweight champ, was brutally knocked out by Yoel Romero in an interim title bout at UFC 221.

Bloody Elbow will keep you updated on any further developments.

Related posts

Leave a Comment